Follow by Email

Sunday, October 21, 2012

When it Rains, it Floods

Hey there lovely people of cyberspace,hope you are having a great weekend? Mine couldn't be better, I mean what's better than getting solid proof that the man or woman upstairs truly despises you? I have had such a crappy,crappy year. I unfortunately cannot go into the details of this crappiness but I can however say that even strangers have treated me better than some people who claimed to love me at the most trying time in my life. How convenient right? and some of these people still think I should be the one to apologize. I am almost at the point where I have no will to live and the only thing that keeps me going is my o so lovely parents, how would I get through anything without them?
People, if you have been ignoring family members(especially if the live on a different continent), I urge you to re-evaluate your priorities because, when those trying times come, the people you have on speed dial will be the first to bolt and the ones whose numbers you have forgotten are the very ones who might be willing to lift you up.
I have had such a crappy year. One of the things that made this year crappy was the fact that my grandma was in really bad health. Now this is a lady who had all her teeth intact, no diabetes, no high blood pressure or all the ailments that are associated with being old but she had this terrible cough all her life and this year, I guess her lungs could no longer take it but I lost 'Mama', my only surviving grandparent on 10/18/2012. Now she wasn't that old, no in fact, she was just about 10 years older than my father(they married really young in their day) but she look so old, life had dealt her such a 'dirty' hand you see, she had buried 10 of her kid before she died and here's the icing on the cake, she was accused of having a hand in their deaths and asked to stay away from my village.
When will such things stop happening in Nigeria though? and when will my misfortunes come to a halt? These are the greatest mysteries of them all.
I hope you lovelies have a greater week ahead than you did last week cos I sure do need a better week desperately.

RIP Mama!!!!
The foxy one.

2 comments:

Tessa Doghor said...

Hey ya
I am sorry for your loss.
My grandma passed away in June and even though i thought i was perfectly christian and had done away with the fetishes of someone being responsible.
I had so many suspicions and she was 95 0.
So i guess that Nigerian part of us will always crop up
Its up to us to know that, yes, she's done her time and that God actually is sovereign

Jane Doe said...

Thanks a bunch Tessa,I'm so sorry for your loss too :(.